MAGICAL ALOE VERA
- Aloe vera contains minerals like calcium, chromium, copper, iodine, iron, pottasium, zinc, magnesium, manganese, aluminium, sodium.
- It is rich in Vit. A, C, D, E and B complex.
- It is an efficient energy creator.
- Enzymes present in aloe vera helps to break down food and thus aids in digestion.
- Amino acids present in aloe vera helps in muscle repair.
- To add to its benefits, it is natural antibiotic and natural pain killer.
- It also acts a detoxification agent.
- Aloe vera can also be used as hair masks. Cut the fresh aloe vera. Cut its spines. Peel it and extract its pulp. Grind the pulp in a mixer. Then apply the pulp along the length of the hair for 20 minutes. Then wash with plain water. This will act as an excellent conditioner.
- It can also be used as a face mask. For face mask, Mix fresh 1 tsp fresh aloe vera gel, 1 tsp honey, pinch of turmeric powder. Apply for 20 minutes and then wash with fresh water. Get ready for that natural and flawless glow.
- You can also make lemonades out of aloe vera. Pickles can also prepared. Recipes are given below:
TURMERIC AND ALOE PICKLE
- 100 gms organic green turmeric root
- 100 gms green chillies
- 100 gms ginger
- 100 gms fresh aloe vera
- 200 gms lemons
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp mustard seeds powder (rai powder)
- 2 tsp sugar
- Wash turmeric, green chillies, ginger and aloe vera thoroughly.
- Let them dry properly.
- Chop green chillies in 1 cm long pieces.
- Peel ginger and turmeric. Slice them.
- Peel aloe vera from sides only to remove the spines. Chop them into 1 cm long pieces.
- Mix chopped aloe-vera, chopped chillies, sliced ginger and sliced turmeric.
- Add lemon juice, salt, mustard seeds powder, sugar and vinegar. Mix properly.
- Rub the inside of the glass container with vinegar properly.
- Then put the pickle inside the jar and store it in a cool dry place.
ALOE VERA PICKLE
- Aloe vera leaf – 1
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Carom seeds (ajwain) – ½ tsp
- Pluck 1 leaf. Keep it aside for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, wash it properly. Cut thinly from both sides of the spines.
- Cut the leaf into small pieces. Dry them in sun for 1-2 hours.
- Then, mix all the ingredients.
- Pickle will be ready after 2 days.
ALOE VERA LEMONADE
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp aloe vera pulp
- 1 glass water
- 1 tsp soaked chia seeds
- A pinch of roasted zeera powder
- 4-5 chopped mint leaves
- Blend ½ tsp aloe vera pulp in 1 glass water.
- Add remaining ingredients in it and enjoy.
Do try these recipes and share your feedback with us.
Neena’s Diet Clinic
Course in Low FODMAP diet for IBS from Monash University, Australia
Life member of IDA« NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF CARDAMOM | DIETARY AND LIFESTYLE GUIDELINES FOR HYPERTENSION (HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE) »