GOLDEN RULES FOR MAINTAINING GOOD HEALTH
- Fill your plate wisely. Half of your plate should be vegetables.
- Include a lot of plant proteins in your daily diet like pulses, peas, beans, nuts, oilseeds etc.
- Include good quality invisible fats in your daily diet like almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, watermelon seeds, soyabean, black chana, rajmah, green leafy vegetables etc.
- Use organic, limited quantity of cooking oil ie. 3 tsp per person per day.
- Avoid refined flour (maida), saturated fats and trans fats. Thus one should avoid rumali rotis, bhaturas, cakes, pastries, biscuits, mathris etc. Whole grains based products with good quality fats should be included in diet.
- Include prebiotic foods in your daily diet like banana, whole chana , bajra flour. Pre-biotic effect can be enhanced by steaming and cooling or roasting with little fat.
- Include probiotic foods like curd, pickles, tempeh etc. in your daily diet.
- Stay hydrated. Drink at least 2.5 L- 3 L of water, either warm, normal or hot but it should not be chilled.
- Avoid insensible use of antibiotics and self medication. Always consult qualified doctor.
- Do exercise daily for minimum of 30 minutes to 1 hour every day.
- Don’t sit for more than 30 minutes at stretch as sitting is the new smoking. Stand erect or walk for 3 minutes after every 30 minutes.
- Take proper rest. Proper sleep is very important for good health. Both quality and quantity of sleep is important. It will help in detoxification and body repair.
- Be mentally relaxed. Practice meditation. Follow your hobby. Mental health is as important as physical health.
Just by following these 13 golden simple rules, we can live healthy, happy and satisfied life. For customized, individualized diet plans, contact:
Neena’s Diet Clinic
Course in low FODMAP diet for IBS from Monash University, Australia
Life member of IDA« DIETARY AND LIFESTYLE GUIDELINES FOR HYPERTENSION (HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE) | SALT – Myths and Facts ? »