QUICK AND YUMMY RECIPES OF INDIAN GOOSEBERRY (AMLAS)
Here I am, as promised, with quick and new recipes of indian gooseberry (amlas). These recipes are very nutritious, yummy, very easy to prepare and liked by everyone, even by fussy eaters like kids. lets start….
- GOOSEBERRY SHERBET (AMLA SHERBET)
- 2 Gooseberry (amla)
- 250 ml Water
- 1-2 tsp Sugar / powdered jaggery / stevia
- As per taste – salt, black pepper powder, chaat masala, roasted cumin powder, black salt
- Boil the gooseberry in ½ cup water.
- When it becomes soft, remove from the gas and allow it to cool.
- Remove seeds. Put it in blender with remaining water, sugar, salt and grind it. Diabetics can avoid sugar.
- Strain and add chaat masala, black pepper powder, cumin powder, black salt as per your taste.
- Serve chilled.
2. AMLA PICKLE
- 1 kg amlas
- 2-3 tbsp mustard oil (sarson ka tel)
- 2 tsp fenugreek seeds (methe)
- 2 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- 4 inch pc ginger- peeled and sliced (adrak)
- 5-6 green chillies
- Salt – acc to taste
- Red chilli powder – acc to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds powder (rai powder)
- 200 gms jaggery – crushed (gud)
- ½ cup vinegar
- Boil amlas until soft.
- Separate the seeds and pulp. Discard the seeds.
- Blend green chillies, ginger and handful of boiled amlas in a blender along with little water.
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan till it reaches its smoking point. Once the white wisps of smoke waft up, switch off the flame. Let it cool for sometime.
- Again switch on the flame, add fenugreek seeds and fennel seeds.
- Add blended paste of ginger, green chillies and amlas. Cook for few minutes.
- Add salt, red pepper, turmeric powder and mustard powder and cook for few minutes.
- Add boiled amlas. Mix and cook for few minutes.
- Add jaggery (crushed) and vinegar. Diabetics can avoid jaggery.
- Cook for few minutes and serve.
3. GOOSEBERRY GINGER DETOX RECIPE (S-2)
- 1 cup amla (deseeded and chopped)
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 lemon juice
- ½ tsp rock salt (OPTIONAL)
- Sugar – acc to taste (OPTIONAL)
- Blend and enjoy. Diabetics can avoid sugar and hypertensives can avoid rock salt.
Do try the recipes and give your feedback. Also share the photographs.
For customized and individualized diet plans, contact:
Dt. Neena MSc (dfsm), IBS dietician from Monash University, Australia
Life member of IDA
9888226150« INDIAN GOOSEBERRY (AMLAS) = WHY TO CONSUME AND HOW TO CONSUME ? | HOW TO START RUNNING? DO’S AND DON’TS FOR BEGINNERS »